Monday, October 12, 2009

Canon Photomarathon 2009

It's all started when I saw Navid's Facebook message asking whether anyone interested in joining the Canon Photomarathon 2009. I feel like want to try this for fun and start to look for friend to join me because Navid have different plan for the day. At last, I found out someone who have already register for the event that is Chin Seng. He is also a blogger himself, this is the link to his blog http://love-keeps-us-alive.blogspot.com/ . Hope you don't mind if I post up your link here Haha. We plan to get to Sunway Pyramid as early as 6 a.m. in the morning to avoid traffic jam, (what a stupid idea) after we reach there we need to walk around Sunway Pyramid to the Elephant entrance which almost the half circle of the whole Sunway Pyramidn building. Here you go, we register our self and get the t-shirt & hat and bla bla bla......Let get inside the scene.

There were like 1-2 thousand people who join this competition. I can only say wow, and I'm quite impress that nowadays there are plenty of photographer. This competition was actually held in over 6 country and this is just in Asia region.


The is just half of the participant, when the event start the hall was so crowded that I can only see red shirt and black hair.
Before the Canon Photomarathon 2009 start, this guy have already started to shoot some picture using a magnifiying glass.

The theme for the photomarathon: Splash, Red, & Shooting In Progress. As what I thought, we can get splash scene easily as we're in Sunway Lagoon. But I'm wrong, people always say with a good gear you can't go wrong and I only have poor gear so I gone wrong all the way. That why I can't get a good shot for Splash. Red, I not really gonna talk about this theme. (I think I need a real creativity mind) hahaha. For the shooting in progress, it's quite simple for me. That what I say now.


Look at Chin Seng, he is so damn ready for Canon Photomarathon 2009. That why he wave his Canon Dslr and yell (Let get it started man) just kidding over here. Some reporter ask all the participant to wave their camera for a picture.
Chin Seng & I start to walk around the theme park to fulfill the theme's shot. We walk around the theme park over and over again. I feel like I'm kind of an importan person that day. I can walk to restrict area just to shoot some picture. If you try to enter these area when you in the theme park, I think you will be scold by the stuff there like hell.

Those were picture I shoot during the day. Hope to get some comment & critics about the picture.

Chin Seng concentrating to get a good shot.
I must credit this girl for her kindness. She tried to be our model for the Splash theme, but I'm so sorry I can't summit the picture for the competition. Due to unforeseen circumstances. I can only say thank you gal.


By the way I summit this 3 picture for the photomarathon competition.
Splash
Red

Shooting In Progress

I think those shot were not the best and I think I can do much better if I have a real creativity skill. Hope to improve more in the future, and I can see that Chin Seng is quite a photographer himself.
I just want to say that the event is not what I've expected it would be. The management quite lousy in doing their job, following the problem which cause the event to be drag to 11.30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment